Ribale Haidar

 Home Country Lebanon

“Identity”

Identity design is what designers do best: Creating images, building stories, imagining scenarios and making everyone else believe in them. If we, as designers, have the power to design the identity for Nike, Apple and Mc Donalds could we use this power to design the identity for, let’s say, Beirut? Is design a powerful enough tool to build the basis for national collision? The role of designers in society has always been my main area of interest. Taking it into my own national context of Lebanon, I was always striving to understand the weight designers have in society. After joining the MA in Design for Development, my thinking was pushed further and deeper where I now am looking at the ways to make designers realize their potential and use it in the right direction.